Friday, 23 August 2013

A London Weekend #1

DSCN2646

For Tom's 21st birthday, I surprised him with a trip to London for the weekend. I'd booked a hotel, got dinner reservations and paid for us to go to the Ice Bar! (Dinner cost me £90 for the two of us. I died.)
Our hotel was a 5 minute walk from Bank tube station. It's a business hotel in the week and then they take reservations from us normal folk at the weekends! It was really nice actually, although our room was at the end of a maze of corridors that I did manage to get lost down once...
We spent the Saturday doing the obligatory shop on Oxford Street and then went for dinner at Casa Malevo and headed to the Ice Bar (stopping at another bar on the way and a pub on the way back. Of course.) Thankfully it was a really warm night, I had been worried about thunderstorms all week but it held out. I really enjoyed wandering around where our hotel was (spotted this amazing golden grasshopper. Only in London!) but I found it bizarre that all the shops were shut. Even shops like French Connection only opened in the weekdays when obviously all the business men and women are in town. What I'd give to work in a shop that only opened weekdays...

DSCN2649

DSCN2653

DSCN2655

DSCN2663

DSCN2660

DSCN2683

DSCN2713

DSCN2714


♥♥♥

| Follow me on Twitter | Follow my posts on Bloglovin |

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely time! I absolutely love London : D xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a really good time, these photos are great. :) the ice bar sounds cool and I'm liking the Cheap Monday shop window!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pictures! I nominated you for the 'Liebster Award' up on my blog, check it out xx

    http://behappyandpeaceful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete